Trash & Recycling

The City of Washington does not provide trash/refuse service. 

Each property owner/resident within the city limits is required to dispose of their own refuse by contracting with a licensed refuse hauler or hauling off their own trash.

The City of Washington does not provide recycling services; however, Washington County Solid Waste does accept certain materials for recycling.  For more information and guidelines, contact their office.

For questions specific to trash/refuse or recycling, please call your waste management company directly.

Refuse haulers licensed with the City of Washington can be found at the bottom of this page.


Contact Info

Washington County Solid Waste
812 S B St
Washington, KS 66968
(785) 325-2271

Temps Disposal
Marysville, KS

Jones Trash Service
Washington, KS

Parrack Trash Service
Washington, KS

Durflinger Disposal Service
Belleville, KS

Frequently Asked Questions

When are the garbage collection days for my street?

Please contact your refuse/trash hauler for their schedule. 

Where can I dispose of paint, chemicals, or other hazardous materials?

Please contact Washington County Solid Waste at 785-325-2271 for details and information related to hazardous materials and waste.