Municipal Code

An ordinance is a law passed by the City of Washington Governing Body. Ordinances for the City of Washington may be found below. 

Some of our ordinances have been codified into the City of Washington Municipal Code.

The official version of each ordinance may be viewed at City Hall. 

If you have any questions regarding a particular ordinance, please call City Hall.

Frequently Asked Questions

May I burn trash and leaves inside the city limits?

No, however, you may obtain a permit for a portable outdoor fireplace.  Please contact city hall if you have any questions.

Does City of Washington have a leash law?

Yes.  According to Chapter 2 of the Code of the City of Washington, Kansas, it shall be unlawful for the owner of any dog/cat to permit such dog/cat to run at large within the corporate limits of the city at anytime. "At Large" is defined as: Any dog/cat shall be deemed to be at large when it is off the premises occupied by the owner’s household as their abode and when not accompanied by its owner on a leash.

Can I drive my Golf Cart, ATV, or Work Site Utility Vehicle in the City of Washington?

Yes.  The City of Washington has adopted an ordinance which allows them to be driven in town, provided all rules are followed and an annual permit is obtained per City Code.