New Resident Resources

Welcome to the City of Washington.  Life here is enhanced by the preservation of our local history and the enjoyment of today.  Our community combines agriculture, industry, history, civic activities, recreation and countless other events for a wholesome and fulfilled lifestyle, making it an ideal place to raise a family and grow your business.

The following information should help ease the transition of moving into the area for new residents.



If you have been considering a move to Washington County, now is the time to act. The new Washington County Home Ownership Pilot Loan/Grant Program provides up to $12,500 in down payment and closing cost assistance to purchase a home in Washington County. Program funds will assist approximately 10 home buyers on a first come/first serve basis.  For more information, please contact your local bank, realtor, or visit

The Four Rivers Housing Opportunities, Inc., a housing non-profit managed by the North Central Regional Planning Commission, is expanding an updated version of its Home Ownership Loan/Grant Pilot Program to Washington County.

The program provides $12,500 in home ownership incentives including:

  1. A) $10,000 loan, 3% interest, 20-year term on eligible home purchase type of $50,000 or greater; and
  2. B) $2,500 grant for closing costs/escrow/home improvements.

Combination loan/grant is required.

Due to the shortage of homes on the market at this time, we are expanding the eligible homes purchase types to include existing homes, existing homes with planned/financed upgrades, manufactured home with lot and infrastructure hook-ups, or new construction.

The program begins June 20, 2022.

Home buyers wanting to access the Washington County Home Ownership Pilot Loan/Grant Program should contact their local bank to get started.

**Only banks with a physical location in the North Central Regional Planning Commission 12-County service area are eligible to access this program (**

Thank you for helping make the Washington County Home Ownership Program a success.



Electric Utilities

Water Utilities

Trash & Recycling

Chamber of Commerce

USD 108

Other Utility Services

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I sign up to receive Alerts and News & Notices?

Simply click the "Sign Up for Alerts" button located ……fill out the brief form with your preferred contact information and click submit

Where do I go to vote?

All City elections are conducted by the Washington County Clerk at the Washington County Courthouse, 214 C Street.  You may register to vote at the Washington County Courthouse, or at City Hall.

Where do I renew/change my driver's license or renew/purchase vehicle tags.?

You may update your drivers' license at the Washington County Courthouse, 214 C Street, Washington, KS.  You can reach them at 785-325-2461.

Contact Info

Washington County Clerk's Office
Washington County Courthouse
214 C Street
Washington, KS 66968
(785) 325-2974
Visit Website